After you have Added Officials, Ranked Officials, and Added Games to the master schedule, you can start to give out assignments to officials. When an assignment is given to an official an email will be sent to notify them of the assignment and to login to review the assignment.
- Go into the Assigning tab and open the slots of the game that you wish to assign for by clicking on the number of slots.
- Click on the blue link.
- Find the official that will be officiating at this game to the position we selected and click on
The official will be assigned to that position as Pending.
- Pending - Pending means that the Assignor knows that this assignment will be given to an official, but the official does not know of the assignment until it has been published.
- Published – As soon as the Assignor publishes the assignment, the official will be notified via email. It will contain the date that the assignment was published.
- Notified – When an official logs in to look at the assignment that he was email about and didn’t decide whether to accept it or decline it, the system will change it to Notified.
- Accepted – After the official accepts the assignment, it will change to Accepted and include the date that the official accepted on the slot record.
Once the assignments have been given out, the assignor needs to let the officials know of the assignment. Assignors will need to publish these games.
- Go into the Assigning tab and pull up the games with officials assigned to games as Pending.
- Under the Utilities section located on the top left, click on the blue Publish link.
- Select a date that you want these officials to accept by.
- Click on Begin Publish. A pop up window will ask if you want to publish “x” amount of games with “x” number of pending slots. Click on OK.
- A summary of the number of slots published will be displayed. Click on Exit to go back into the schedule.
Assignors have the ability to change who is assigned to games. If an official is already assigned to a game, you can unassign the official to have that slot open for another official.
- Go to the Assigning tab and find the game which will have an official removed.
- Open the slots records by clicking on the slot number.
- Click on the blue link
- You will be taken to the Unassign Official screen. You can choose to leave the date of the game open for the official, block it, or mark it as a turnback assignment.
- Open – It will leave the date of the game open for the official if they receive another assignment.
- Block – This will make a full day block on the official’s schedule for that date of game.
- Turnback – This will mark it as an official turnback. The official requested to be removed from this assignment and the assignor agreed to do so.
The slot can be unassigned and be marked as self-assigned by clicking on the Allow the slot(s) to be self assigned check box. If this assignment has been Published, you can let the official know of this change by clicking on the Email Official check box.
- Click on the Unassign button.