When your assigner publishes your game, you can sign in to your ArbiterSports account and accept or decline the assignments you have received. This article will cover how to view your schedule, and accept or decline those published assignments.
Sometimes the games won't show up because of the filter options that are selected.
- Sign in to your ArbiterSports account as an official
- Click on the Schedule
Your schedule page has four main views, which can be selected by clicking on the corresponding view in the Display menu, located on the left side of the schedule page. The four views are
- List View – Arbiter’s default view, which displays the games in list order, usually sorted by Date & Time.
- View By Day – Displays game information for a specific day. To toggle forward and backward through days, click the “Previous” and “Next” buttons, located just above the day information.
- View By Week – Displays a seven-day schedule, starting on Sunday, and ending on Saturday. Use the Scale box to designate the divisions between times in the rows box (30 min, 15 min, 60 min, etc.). To toggle forward and backward through weeks, click the “Previous” and “Next” buttons, located just about the week information.
- View By Month – Displays a one-month calendar view of upcoming assignments. The month name and year will be displayed in the top center title portion of the calendar. The previous and subsequent months will be displayed to the left and right of the month title, respectively.
List View (Continued)
By default, your list view will include all of your upcoming assignments from each group you work for. However, you can change which games are displayed, using the Filter tool, located just above the game list. The three filters you can use to refine your list are “Date,” “Group,” and “Include,” which returns either games, events, or both. Simply use the drop-down menus to select the filter information you want, and then click the “Apply” button on the right hand side. Your list will refresh itself and return games according to the filters you selected.
Viewing Game Information
The List View will display the Game ID, Notes, Assigning Group, Assigned Position, Date & Time of Game, its Sport & Level, the Game Site, Home and Away Teams, listed game fee, and a Status bar, which will include an Accept or Decline box for published games. To view additional details about the game, click on the Game ID number. This view will let you see the contact information for other officials who are also assigned to the game. You can also click on the site name to bring up directions to the site via Google Maps.
- Click on your Schedule
- Make sure that you have selected List View from the Display menu on the left side of the page.
- Published games will have an “Accept” and “Decline” box to the far right of the game information.
- Check either the box for “Accept” or the box for “Decline,” depending on which action you wish to take.
- Click any of the “Submit” buttons, located at the top and bottom of the Schedule page.
- If you decline an assignment, you may be required to enter a comment explaining why you declined it.
(Note: Some assigners do not grant permission for officials to decline assignments on their own. If you cannot decline a game, contact your assigner, and request that they remove you from the game themselves.)
When you decline a game it will send an email to person who assigned you to the game letting them know you have declined, as well as administrators who oversee the sport of the game in that group (scope).
Some assigners allow officials to remove themselves from games after they have already accepted the assignment. If your assigner has granted you this permission, you will see a “Turnback Assignment” link in the status bar for you assignment, located to the far right of the game information. To turn back an assignment:
- Click “Turnback Assignment.”
- Enter in a comment explaining why you need to turn back the assignment.
- Click “Turnback.”
Some assigners have set up their accounts to request that an official fill out a Game Report. Within the game report one official on the game will be asked to note if their partners and themselves, were on time, late or a no-show. They will be able to put the score for each team, and any other comments they believe the assigner would need to know about the game.
The report will show up as an to the far left of a game for officials. Until the report is filled out icon will be red. Once the report is filled out and sent to the assigner for approval, the icon will turn yellow. The icon will turn green once the assigner has approved/accepted the game report, and verified the game.
Note: The icon will only be visible to officials after a game is completed. If you do not see the icon you may not be required to fill this out. Reach out to your assigner for questions or further details about a Game Report.
Additional Related Articles: