After you have created the Levels for your sport, you can now add positions to the levels from the pool of position names you created for your sport (For more information see “Sports”). These will be the specific assignment slots that are created for each game in your schedule.
To navigate to the positions page for your levels, click on the Assigning tab, and then click on the Sports/Levels sub-tab. Next, go to your Levels by clicking on the number in the Levels cell to the right of your sport. Now that you are on the Levels page, a similar Positions cell is located to the right of the level name. Click on the number, and you will be directed to the Positions page.
To add positions to your level, click on the icon in the upper-left corner of your positions list area. This will direct you to the Add Position page. For the field, “Name,” notice that you cannot create a position field, but can only select a position name from the available drop-down menu. This is because the options are taken directly from your sports Position Names section. Once you select the appropriate position name, you can click the Save button, and the position will be added to your level. To add additional positions to your level, click on the icon on the Positions page.
The following are additional settings that you can turn on for increase customization for your positions.
- Default: When checked, this position will be automatically added as a slot for any game created for this sport and level.
- Self-Assign: When checked this position can be self-assigned by officials who have permission to do so within your group. For more information see our article, Self-Assign.
- Paid By Bill-To: When checked, any game fees associated with this position will be placed under the responsibility of the Bill-To associated with the game.
- Pay Travel: When checked, any applicable travel fees will added to the total fees on the paysheet.
- Sequence: This feature is connected with the Auto Assign The position will be placed in queue for assignment based on the numerical value entered in the Sequence box. Positions with a low sequence number will have a higher placement priority than positions with a higher sequence number. If the sequence number is 0, the Auto-Assign tool will NOT check the position for priority placement.
- Range: This is the rank range by which you can designate which officials can officiate for games at this level. For example, you may wish to restrict your Varsity games to officials who ranked higher than 200, so your range might be 100-199. However, you may open up your lower levels like Junior Varsity to lower-ranked officials, so your range might be 100-399, so that your Varsity-ranked officials can still officiate JV games, if needed.
- Direction: This feature is also connected with the Auto Assign It instructs the tool to assign officials based on rank. “Ascending” means that the system will first assign officials with a low-numbered rank, and then assign officials with higher-numbered ranks (100-999). “Descending” means that the system will first assign officials with a high-numbered rank, and then assign officials with lower-numbered ranks (999-100).
- Points: This feature is currently inactive, and does not affect assigning or officials’ profiles.
- Games/Day: This sets a limit on the number of games that an official may assigned to this position within a single day.
- Games/Week: This sets a limit on the number of games that an official may be assigned to this position within a single week.
- Games/Eligibility Period: This sets a limit on the number of games that an official may be assigned to this position within an eligibility period.
After you have saved your positions, you can come back and edit any of the information by clicking on the icon next to the position name. Although you will not be able to change the position name, you can change any other detail for the position. Click the Save button to finalize your changes.
Change Related Slot Records
Because you may have already scheduled games that use this position for any available slots, you can retroactively cascade the updated information to your schedule. First, select whether you wish to apply the changes to All Slots on your schedule for this position, of if you wish to only change slots within a specific Game Date Range. Next, make sure that you have selected which feature you wish to update en masse. The available features are:
- Self Assign
- Paid By BillTo
- Pay Travel
- Rank Range
When you are ready, click the Update button to apply the changes and return to the Positions page.
In order to delete a position, it must be removed from any game in your group, including flag deleted games. After it has been removed from any games, navigate to the Assigning > Sports/Levels > Levels > Positions page. Once on the positions page, deleted the position by clicking on the red .
An alternative solution to deleting a position is by removing its' default status so that the position does not appear on future games. The Default checkbox is discussed above in the Additional Settings section.
If the position has been removed from every game but still will not delete, please contact our Support Department and request for us to remove any flag deleted games connected to that position.