Many assigners use post-game evaluations to track the skills and progress of their officials. Knowing where you excel and where you need to improve is an important part of progressing to the next level of sports officiating. If you are an evaluator, or if your assigner requires you to evaluate your partner on a game, this article will walk you through the process of filling out the evaluation, as well as seeing your own scores.
Once your game has finished, ArbiterSports will create a blank evaluation form for you to fill out, and place in on the Evaluation dashboard. To access the dashboard and the evaluation:
- Sign in to ArbiterSports as an official, and make sure that you have signed in to the group that scheduled the game.
- Click on the Evaluations tab. The available evaluations will be organized by individual games.
3. Select your evaluation by clicking on the “[Start]” button to the left of the evaluation.
The evaluation form is divided into four main sections:
- Identification – Displays the name of the official whom you are evaluating.
- Game Information –Displays the details of the game, including the sport & level, site, and the position of the official.
- Scoring Description – Displays the instructions for how to fill out the particular evaluation.
- Evaluation – This last section contains the actual evaluation form, including sections, criteria, score, and a comment box.
To fill out the Evaluation, click on the score drop-down menu and select the score for the criteria listed. If needed, you can enter a comment in the box to the right of the score, to add additional information about how the official performed according to that criteria. At the bottom of the evaluation is a “Summary Comment” box, in which you may include any additional information about the official’s overall performance.
If there are multiple officials to evaluate, click on the “Next” button at the top or bottom right of the page to move to the next official at the game.
If you need to exit the evaluation before it can be submitted, click the “Save” button. When you return to your Evaluations Dashboard, you can click the “[Resume]” button to pick up where you left off.
When you are finished with the evaluation, click on the “Finalize and Submit” button. The responses will then be submitted to your assigner, and the score will be recorded for the official.
Your assigner may elect to release evaluation scores to officials at a certain point in the season. If this is the case for your group, you can access your personal information by clicking on the Evaluation tab, and then clicking on the View Responses sub-tab (See picture below). The Evaluation Response page will display the name of the evaluation form, the number of responses that been filled out for you, and the average score that you have received for that evaluation form.
To view a breakdown of your scoring on each criteria, click on your average score (see picture below). The page will include the scoring description for the evaluation, and then a breakdown of the average scores that you received for each criteria of the evaluation. Click on the title for each criteria to view a definition of each criteria. If you click on the average score for each criteria, you can see specific comments and feedback for your evaluation.