The IRSTAX document produced by ArbiterSports is excluding the first 5 digits of the TIN number for Admins and this omission will not allow the 1099s to be filed electronically. This article will explain how to manually edit the file so it is compatible with the IRS site. We are currently working to have this fixed shortly.
- Click Electronic File button and Open with Notepad (default).
- Click on view at the top of the screen and make sure the Status Bar option is checked. We will need to make sure the numbers are in the correct place in the document (This will be explained in the following steps).
- Copy the TIN that is listed in your ArbiterOne account.
- The first place where the TIN should be listed is Ln 1 Col 7 (you can see your cursor position in the bottom right), there will be a 4 digit number here.
- Highlight the number, then paste your TIN. The 9 digit TIN should start at Col 7 and end at Col 16. It will need to be immediately followed by your TCC number which is 5 characters.
- The second place is on Ln 2 Col 12 you will see the last four digits of your TIN again.
- Highlight the number, then paste your TIN. The 9 digit TIN should start at Ln 2 Col 12 and end at Ln2 Col 21. Then immediately followed by an abbreviation of your organization.
- Save the updated version.