This release adds 17 new features and fixes 17 issues across 5 products. Highlights include:
- Added better notification for expiring accounts
- Enhancements to SSN and EIN entry
- Added the Business Name field
- ArbiterPay functionality in the Mobile app
- Bug fixes
- Account renewal notifications will now appear at the top of the page at 60, 30, and 10 days before your account expires. You will be able to close the notice until 10 days before expiration. At 10 days, it can only be closed by renewing your account.
- The Travel Fees beta has been restricted, so that it is not possible to enter a negative fee. Some Assigners were using this feature to deduct for Assigning fees. This is a page that is coming soon and will not be enabled by using travel fees.
- When an Official joins a new group, they will now have the same blocks created for previous groups added automatically to the newly joined group.
- Updated Social Security Number (SSN) entry, so that only numbers can be entered. This reduces bad data entry through mistakes and aids the data flow and speed of delivery for 1099s
- The TIN field label has been changed to EIN, which stands for Employer Identification Number and is the nomenclature used by the IRS.
- Entry for the EIN was changed to function like the SSN field and not allow non-number characters.
- A Business Name field has been added, so that individuals can choose to have they payments recorded under their business and not attached to the individual for tax purposes.
- The SSN Verified indicator can no longer be changed by an ArbiterSports employee. The only way for this to be changed will be through an automated process that verifies the number with the Social Security Administration.
- Added a Verified indicator for the EIN that follows the same process.
- Moved the Event Invitation text message to our new email system.
- Added the ability to select a gender for an Official on their profile to aid in reporting that needs to have gender as an attribute of the report.
Defect or Bug
- Fixed performance issue that would affect large group send outs of 1099s.
- Corrected an issue with the link inside your 1099 emails, so it would perform correctly.
- Item # 281413: In Self-Assign Officials will no longer see games that are part of a linked set where there is a conflict on a single game is the set. A conflict on any of the linked games means it should not be available to the Official.
- Item # 237633: Game Change emails were not sending to one slot on games with 5 or more slots. This has been corrected.
- Item # 293984: Game Cancellation emails were not sending with very specific data conditions. This issue is now handled properly and emails send as expected.
- Item # 295192: Fixed an issue where if you act as yourself by acting into your Official account from your Admin account, Act As stopped functioning.
- Item # 250382: Fixed an issue where clicking the bottom button to create a site on the Assigning page would not function. The top button was still functioning as expected.
- Item # 354017: Fixed an issue where the Today, Tomorrow, and Yesterday filters were displaying the wrong days.
- Item # 236969: Correct the display of group names to show the correct name in all situations.
- Added a report to view Event Workers assigned to each game.
Defect or Bug
- Item # 334856: Corrected an issue that caused save problems in games without sub-sites.
- Item # 338090: Fixed an issue that prevented Officials from showing up correctly for games assigned as a Meet.
- Item # 352992: Updated rules in the Competitive Balance that allowed for records to be updated from the Team Roster page after the deadline had passed
- Corrected an issue that prevented the Game Re-qeuer API from accepting request due to an XML formatting issue that is now just handled as it should not cause a problem.
- Item # 209613: Corrected an issue that caused the Officials icon to be missing from the Schedule page.
ArbiterPay (Releasing Monday, 2/13/2017)
- AP functionality is now available on the Mobile App.
- Added better error handling, which will mostly help the ArbiterSports team better diagnose and see errors that are causing customer issues.
Defect or Bug
- Item # 339041 & 335193: Corrected an issue where accounts were getting charged incorrectly for Debit Card issuance fees.
- Item # 335640: When updating the profile in specific cases, the customer’s SSN was being deleted, but remained Verified, which caused it to not be editable.
- Item # 293915: Fixed an issue when registering as an Event Worker account type, you would be added as an Official, which causes issues in several areas. You are now added properly as an Event Worker.
Defect or Bug
- Item # 285243: When opening the User Information link in a registration, the box is supposed to have the Official’s information, but was showing up blank. This has been corrected.