SimplePay allows you to pay officials, workers, and opponents without tying the payment to a specific game. For example, you can pay coaches for a year of working or the bus drivers for other activities. Only contractors can be paid.
Getting to SimplePay
- To get to the SimplePay page, click on Payments and then the SimplePay subtab. Simple enough. And it's all about that simple.
To make a payment, follow these instructions.
- Click the + Payment button at the top of the page.
- Select if you would like to pay a person or an opponent.
Note: If you choose to pay a person, you will be able to pay any worker in your account or any official in your account or in any assigning association you work with.
- Start typing the name of the person or opponent that you would like to pay.
Note: You can only select payees who have an ArbiterPay account set up (for opponents, this requires a Receiving account, see below).
- Choose the sport.
- Enter in the amount to pay. If you would like to enter a game fee, perdiem, or travel fee, select the payment details link.
- Add any notes that you would like to appear on the description in ArbiterPay.
- Select the account to pay out of and enter your security key.
- Choose to Pay Now or Pay Later.
Note: Selecting Pay Now will send the money immediately. Pay Later allows you to create the payment and transfer funds later (see below).
With SimplePay, you can have one person at your school create a payment and another release the funds. After following the Make Payments steps, choose the Pay Later option. Once the payment is created, the dollar sign will show in black and there will be a checkbox to the left of the payment. Follow these instructions to transfer funds.
- Choose all of the previously created payments.
- At the top of the list, choose the option to Pay.
- Confirm the total amount.
- Select the account to pay out of.
- Enter your security key.
- Click the Pay button.
Receiving Payments from Other Schools
Only schools that have designated a Receiving Account (the account to which incoming payments will be credited) can receive a payment as an opponent. A receiving ArbiterPay account can be the same account used to make payment or a separate, dedicated account for incoming payments.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Choose the Change Account option in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- Under the Receiving Account section, choose to Add Account.
- Enter your username and then click Go.
- Choose the account you want received money to go to.* Enter the Security Key and click Save.
*You can only have a single receiving account.
When it comes time to reconcile and audit payments, you can run a quick report to view all Simple Payments. To view the payments, follow these steps.
- Click on the Reports tab.
- Under the Financial section, choose the SimplePay Payments report.
- Choose the dates, sport, and paid status that you would like to export.
- Click "Export to Excel."